MMPR Consulting: How do I open a Canada Testing Laboratory?

MMPR Consulting Laboratory
How do I open a Cannabis testing Laboratory in Canada?
Quantum 9 provides MMPR Consulting for Licensed Producers and Licensed Dealer. This article will help you understand the difference and highlight how to open a laboratory.
The first step is applying for the right license. Naturally you would think you need a MMPR producers license to set up a laboratory. That is incorrect, the license you actually need to apply for is a Licensed Dealer permit.
This is directly from Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) office:
Licensed Dealer: If you are interested in performing analytic testing or destruction of controlled drug substances for Licensed Producers or other acceptable third parties, becoming a Licensed Dealer is an option. A Licensed Dealer may legally possess and conduct activities with controlled substances in Canada companies and research organizations must first obtain a Controlled Drugs and Substances Licence or an exemption. The licence authorizes the company or organization to possess the controlled substances and to conduct activities specified by the licence.
In order to utilize a controlled drug or substance for the purpose of research or a clinical trial, you can apply for an exemption instead of a licence.  The exemption application forms can be found at:
Here is what Health Canada considers a Licensed Producer
Licensed Producer:  A Licensed Producer may legally possess, produce, sell, provide, ship, deliver, transport and destroy marihuana and or cannabis. The Licensed Producer may sell or provide marihuana to another licensed producer, a licensed dealer, the Minister, or a person to whom an exemption relating to the substance has been granted under section 56 of the Act. For more information on the role of a Licensed Producer, please refer to the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR –
If you are looking for help with you application or need cannabis consulting, please call Michael Mayes at 888-716-0404 ext 801

There are no comments

Add yours