Would you like help with your Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MMTC) license application? In March 2022, Florida will accept applications for one MMTC license. You can significantly increase your chances of winning by allowing our Cannabis Consultants in Florida to manage your application from start to finish.
Below is an overview of the application process and a step-by-step guide for winning a Florida medical marijuana business license. But if you’d prefer to speak with our Florida Marijuana Consultants and ask questions directly, please contact us today to schedule a free consultation:
Cannabis Consultant in Florida
Overview of Medical Marijuana Rules and Regulations in Florida
As your first step, our Florida cannabis license consultants recommend familiarizing yourself with the rules and regulations.
By doing so, you will learn about the application process and regulations that you will need to follow when operating your business. You’ll also determine if you’re eligible to apply for a medical cannabis business license. Don’t worry, our Florida Marijuana License Application Writers summarize all this below.
In addition to the rules and regulations, you should know that the Florida Department of Health Office of Medical Marijuana Use oversees the medical marijuana market in Florida, including the issuance of licenses.
Timeline for Florida Cannabis License Applications
As mentioned earlier, Florida will accept applications for one Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MMTC) license between March 21st, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. to March 25th, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
There is only one license available, and to apply, you must identify as a recognized class member of Pigford v. Glickman
Our Florida Marijuana Consultants point out that Florida will issue an additional 19 MMTC licenses at some point. Florida will likely accept licenses for these 19 MMTC licenses in late 2022 or early 2023. But you should begin preparing now if you want to win a license.
Types of Florida Cannabis Licenses
Currently, Florida only has one type of medical cannabis business license. The State offers a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MMTC) license, which allows you to cultivate, process, distribute, and dispense medical marijuana in Florida.
In other words, Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers in Florida are vertically integrated and are the only businesses in Florida that can dispense medical cannabis.
So who can apply for a medical marijuana business license in Florida? Well, in the case of the one Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MMTC) license available in March 2022, the pool of eligible applicants is limited.
For instance, to apply for the upcoming MMTC license in Florida, you must:
- Identify as a recognized class member of Pigford v. Glickman and provide documentation proving so; and
- Provide documentation demonstrating that the applicant has been registered to do business in Florida for the previous five consecutive years.
Do you have questions about if you can apply for a Florida medical marijuana business license? If so, feel free to contact our Florida cannabis application writers today.
Application Process for a Marijuana Business License in Florida
The application process for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MMTC) in Florida consist of three phases, which our Florida Cannabis License Consultants summarize below:
- During the first phase, the Department will review your application for errors and omissions. You will have a chance to correct any errors or missing information;
- If you complete Phase One, then Phase Two involves a qualitative review and scoring of your application sections; and
- Lastly, Phase Three involves the Department calculating a Total Application Score and approving the highest scoring applicant for licensure.
Important to note, you must physically deliver your application (email or electronic delivery is not accepted). Also, our marijuana business consultants want to emphasize that you can only submit during the application window.
Scored Sections of the Application
Now that you have an idea of the application process, let’s cover the sections you must include in your application. Each section will receive a score and the highest scoring applicant will win a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MMTC) license.
Thus, our cannabis consultant in Florida provides you with a list of the sections you must include in your application for scoring:
- 4.1 – Applicant Information
- 4.2 – Declaration of Exempt Information
- 4.3 – Certificate of Registration and Background Screening
- 4.3.1 – Florida Business Registration
- 4.3.2 – Level 2 Background Screening
- 4.4 – Cultivation of Marijuana and Supporting Infrastructure
- 4.4.1 – Cultivation Plan
- 4.4.2 – Cultivation Infrastructure
- 4.4.3 – Ability to Secure Cultivation Infrastructure
- 4.5 – Plan for Processing Mariuana and Supporting Infrastructure
- 4.5.1 – Processing Plan
- 4.5.2 – Processing Infrastructure
- 4.5.3 – Ability to Secure Processing Infrastructure
- 4.6 – Plan for Dispensing Marijuana and Supporting Infrastructure
- 4.6.1 – Dispensing Plan
- 4.6.2 – Dispensing Infrastructure
- 4.6.2 Addendum
- 4.6.3 – Ability to Secure Dispensing Infrastructure
- 4.7 – Plan for Security and Accountability
- 4.7.1– Premises Security
- 4.7.1 Addendum
- 4.7.2 – IT Security
- 4.7.3 – Diversion, Unlawful Access, and Transportation
- 4.7.4 – Personnel Screening and Training
- 4.7.5 – Recalls • Subsection 4.8.1 – Experience in the Marijuana Industry (Applicant)
- 4.7.1– Premises Security
- 4.8 – Ability to Execute Proposed Plans
- 4.8.1 – Experience in the Marijuana Industry
- 4.8.2 – Other Relevant Experience
- 4.8.3 – Business Plan
- 4.8.4 – Prior Enforcement Action
- 4.9 Medical Director
- 4.9.1 – Experience in the Marijuana Industry (Medical Director)
- 4.9.2 – Other Relevant Experience
- 4.9.2 Addendum
- 4.9.3 – Oversight
- 4.9.4 – Managing Conflicts of Interest
- 4.9.5 – Medical Director Acknowledgment and Certificate of Course Completion
- 4.10 – Personnel
- 4.10.1 – Personnel Qualifications
- 4.10.1 Addendum
- 4.10.2 – Drug-Free Workplace
- 4.10.3 – Personnel Training
- 4.10.1 – Personnel Qualifications
- 4.11 – Diversity Plan
- 4.11.1 – Diversity Plan
- 4.11.2 – Implementation of Diversity Plan
- 4.12 – Certified Financial Documents and Available Funding
- 4.12.1 – Certified Financial Statements
- 4.12.2 – Available Funding
- 4.12.2 Addendum
- 4.12.3 – Projected Budget
- 4.12.3 Addendum
- Business Ownership and Structure
- 4.13.1 – Ownership Information for Individual (Natural Person) Applicants
- 4.13.2 – Ownership Information for Entity Applicants
- 4.13.3 – Capitalization Tables, Change of Control, and Related Entities
- 4.14 – Applicant Acknowledgment
- 4.15 – Pigford and BFL Documentation
Seems like a lot? Don’t worry, it is a lengthy and confusing application. It’s meant to weed out the unqualified.
Let us manage your Florida Cannabis Business License application from start to finish. Our Florida Marijuana Business Consultants will take the stress out of it for you. Our cannabis application writers have one of the highest success rates in the industry (90.12%) and thrive in extremely competitive markets (like Florida).
Contact us today to learn how our Florida Cannabis Consulting firm can help you win a marijuana business license:
Evaluating and Scoring Florida MMTC Applications
Your application must undergo scoring to determine who will win the license. The Department will choose nine (9) evaluators with expertise in relevant disciplines.
Each of the evaluators will score only one section, and they will score the section related to their expertise.
Also, the Department states that “evaluators will evaluate and score their assigned sections by comparing the relative quality of an application section to the same section in all other applications.”
Are you prepared to receive a perfect score? It won’t be easy. But our cannabis consultants in Florida can drastically increase your chances of receiving the top score.
For instance, in nearby Georgia, where there were only four cannabis business licenses available (extremely competitive), we helped our clients win one of the four, beating out the largest Multi-State Operators in the world.
To apply for an MMTC license in Florida, you will have to pay a non-refundable application fee in the amount of $146,000.
Yes, that is a pretty high non-refundable fee. So if you submit, don’t risk your capital. Work with our Florida cannabis consultants, whose core competency is winning cannabis licenses in extremely competitive markets. We have a track record to prove it, as shown in this video.
Guide for Winning a Cannabis Business License in Florida
If you want a cannabis business license in Florida, now is the time to start your application. Here are some tips on how you can win a medical marijuana business license in Florida:
- First, read the rules and regulations. It is important for you to be familiar with the rules and regulations for licensing, as this is what allows you to score high on an application.
- Engage cannabis consultants. Our cannabis consultants at Quantum 9 can manage your application from start to finish. Let us do the heavy lifting.
- Build a team. You will need a team of cannabis experts within your application. If you do not have a team yet, contact our cannabis consulting firm to help you build a strong team so that you can win a license
- Raise capital.
- Secure real estate
- Lastly, write and submit your application. But if you engage Quantum 9, we will take care of this for you.
Contact our cannabis consulting firm in Florida for more information about our cannabis license application services.
Conclusions from our Florida Cannabis Consultants
In conclusion, the opportunity to enter the billion-dollar medical marijuana industry in Florida is around the corner. Working with a cannabis consulting firm like Quantum 9 will save you time and reduce stress. Allow the pros to win you a license.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you win a cannabis license in Florida.